Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween





We had a really fun Halloween. Jonas got a little candy and was introduced to trick or treat. He definitely liked the treats. I made new costumes for Chris and me. I have always wanted to be Princess Leia. I found a pattern for a knitted hat from Bleu Arts with the classic cinnamon buns that Leia had in her hair for Star Wars. I actually found the pattern last year and decided to try it out this year. I only made the hair buns and attached them with pins. I used black acrylic yarn and stuffed it with bamboo fiber. The dress pattern is from Simplicity 4443 and the fabric is from an old recycled duvet cover. My hubby's costume is a wizard and the pattern is Simplicity 9887. I used a set of old sheets for fabric. The sheet set was originally teal and I used New Black Procion dye to make it a wonderful blue gray. Little guy was dragon to complete the family Halloween costumes. We had a dragon, wizard and a princess. Lots of fun!

No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...