Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Recycled pink velour fitted newborn diapers



I'm making progress on the diaper stash for our little girl. I just finished making newborn fitted diapers. The pattern is the same as for the one size ai2 diaper. Instead of pul fabric I used recycled cotton velour from a pair of thrift store pants for outside fabric. It is lined with bamboo/organic cotton velour. The snap in soaker pad is lined also with the bamboo/organic cotton velour. It has two layers of hemp fleece that I recycled from older diapers from J. It also has two layer of bamboo/hemp jersey. These diapers require a waterproof cover which I plan to make in a few weeks. I decided to make a combination of ai2 diapers along with fitted diapers that require a cover. I like both styles and find it is nice to have a combination. I have nine ai2 diapers cutout using the pul from older covers from J. I plan to finish those up soon and move on to the one size small diapers. I bought bright red and purple velour pants at the thrift store for the diaper outer fabric so lots of fun colors.








2 comments:

Jessica said...

Were these absorbent enough? I think that it is fantastic that you thrifted some velour pants to make super cute newborn diapers!

Natural Violet said...

Thanks! The absorbency was great for the first few months. I used them at night also.

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...