Sunday, January 5, 2014

One size fitted bunny diaper




I am starting to make new diapers for R. She still fits in the medium size diapers I made for her a few months back but the rise is short. Since it can be dangerous for her hiney to hang out I figure it is best err on the side of caution and make her new ones. I bought the Rocket Bottoms one size fitted diaper pattern when it was on sale over the holidays and it is great. The instructions are clear and the pattern is easy to print. I love the fold down rise to make the diaper one size.  It is also a great price if you are looking for a diaper pattern.  I made the diaper pictured with hot pink bamboo velour as the liner, organic cotton fleece for the inside and a really cute pink bunny cotton woven print for the outside. The insert is snap in and petal style with a top layer of hot pink bamboo velour. It has four layers of organic cotton fleece on the inside and four layers of hemp jersey on the outside.



This particular style of diaper requires a cover and you may ask why make a cute diaper when it is going to be covered up anyway. I have often asked myself that very question and I actually made the first newborn diapers for J out of plain hemp jersey. I find though that I am drawn to all the really cute diapers that others make and I see online. I see so many great examples of diapers on sewing facebook pages so I blame the internet. I actually make her diapers really cute because it makes me happy to see them so that is probably reason enough. I am toying with idea of making hybrids that would not require a cover for when she is toddling around at home. If you are new to hybrids they are very popular in the diaper community. It is a fitted diaper with a layer of polyester fleece next to the outer fabric. It helps to repel the moisture back into the soaker layers. I have been sticking with natural fibers for the most part but I may add a few hybrids to the mix for fun. I do love her new pink bunny diaper though and looking at the print definitely makes me happy.




No comments:

Natural Soap Making and Himalayan Salt Soaps

I have been making natural soaps and shampoo bars for a few years now. I started making soaps for the local Halo Salt Spa back in 2015. I...